Book Outline & Menu of Notes
Key & Guide to Notes
- I. A Deliverer, ch. 1-11
- Slavery of Israel in Egypt, Exodus 1
- Birth of Moses, Exodus 2
Moses' first 40 years, in Pharaoh's palace.
- Call of Moses, Exodus 3
Moses' second 40 years, in Midian.
God calls to him from the Burning Bush.
- Return of Moses to Egypt, Exodus 4
Announcement of deliverance to Israel.
- Contest with Pharaoh, ch. 5-11
Nine plagues against the Idolatry of Egypt.
- -Who is the LORD...? Exodus 5
- -Now you will see... Exodus 6
- Exodus 7 -
- - Moses begins his third 40 years.
- - A sign: the rod becomes a serpent.
- - Plague #1: Water turned into blood.
- Exodus 8 -
- - Plague #2: Frogs
- - Plague #3: Lice
- - Plague #4: Flies
- Exodus 9 -
- - Plague #5: Disease upon livestock
- - Plague #6: Boils upon men
- - Plague #7: Hail destroys crops
- Exodus 10 -
- - Plague #8: Locusts consume crops
- - Plague #9: Darkness
- Exodus 11 -
- - The warning of the final plague.
- II. Deliverance (by Blood & by Power), ch. 12-14
- Institution of Passover (Blood), Ex 12
Plague #10: Death of the First-born.
- Sanctification of the First-born, Ex 13
- Crossing of the Red Sea - Ex 14
Destruction of Egypt's Army (Power)
- The Song of the Redeemed. Ex 15
- III. Enroute to Mt. Sinai, 15:22- ch.18
- Marah- bitter made sweet. 15:22-26
- Elim- refreshment. 15:27
- Wilderness of Sin- Exodus 16
- Hunger: quail & Manna.
- Sabbath rest.
- Rephidim- Exodus 17
- Thirst: water from the Rock. 17:1-7
- Conflict: Amalek vs. the Lord. 17:8-16
- The Counsel of Jethro. Ex 18
- IV. The Law, ch. 19-24
- - (The basis of Condemnation)
- Responsibility: 'We will do...' Ex 19
- Ten Commandments & an Altar. Ex 20
- The Judgments re: Israel's social life.
- Masters & Slaves. Ex 21
- Property Rights. Ex 22
- Preservation of Justice. Ex 23
The Sabbatic Year.
Three Mandatory Feasts.
The Conquest of the Land.
- Acceptance of the Law. Ex 24
Fellowship with God.
- V. The Pattern of the Tabernacle, ch. 25-40
- - (A Picture of Christ)
- [ Also see the supplemental study:
[ Christ in the Tabernacle, by W.W. Rugh]
For either study, refer to the
Diagram of the Tabernacle (opens new window)
- Ex 25- the Ark, the Table, the Lampstand
- Ex 26- the Coverings, the Boards, the Veil, the Door
- Ex 27- the Brazen Altar, the Court, the Gate, the Oil for the Lamp
- Ex 28- the Garments of the Priests
- Ex 29- the Consecration of the Priests
- Ex 30- the Golden Altar of Incense, the Silver of Redemption, the Laver, the Anointing Oil, the Incense
- Ex 31 the Workmen & the Sabbath
- A Disruption of the Plan -
- Ex 32 the Broken Law,
the Intercession of Moses
- Ex 33 the Prayer of Moses: to know the Lord's Presence and Glory
- Ex 34 the Second Tables of the Law, and further Instructions from the Lord.
- The Construction of the Tabernacle,
consistent with the Pattern - Ex 35-40
- Ex 35- the Offerings & Workmen
- Ex 36- the Tabernacle Proper
- Ex 37- the Furniture of the Holy Places
- Ex 38- the Court & its Furniture
- Ex 39- the Priestly Garments
- Ex 40- the Tabernacle Set Up
- [outline adapted from JVMcGee]
Go to The Book opening page.