- "Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
- what so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming..."
|We observe several stages in the conflict:||(cp. parallel w/ Rom 8:33,34)|
|-He does valiantly-|
- - the cross, Joh 12:31
- - the resurrection, Rom 4:25
|"It is Christ that died, |
that is risen again..."
|-He is exalted-|
- - the ascension, Eph 1:19-21
|"...who is even at the right hand of God..."|
|-He does valiantly:|
- - His present work for us.
- - His future work of judgment (cp. vs.10-12)
|"...who also maketh intercession for us."|
"Jesus lives, and so shall I.
Death, thy sting is gone forever!" [Hymn]