1. Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
2. He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but [he that is] perverse in his ways despiseth him.
3. In the mouth of the foolish [is] a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.
4. Where no oxen [are], the crib [is] clean: but much increase [is] by the strength of the ox.
5. A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.
6. A scorner seeketh wisdom, and [findeth it] not: but knowledge [is] easy unto him that understandeth.
7. Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not [in him] the lips of knowledge.
8. The wisdom of the prudent [is] to understand his way: but the folly of fools [is] deceit.
9. Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous [there is] favour.
10. The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.
11. The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.
12. There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.
13. Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth [is] heaviness.
14. The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man [shall be satisfied] from himself.
15. The simple believeth every word: but the prudent [man] looketh well to his going.
16. A wise [man] feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.
17. [He that is] soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated.
18. The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
19. The evil bow before the good; and the wicked at the gates of the righteous.
20. The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich [hath] many friends.
21. He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy [is] he.
22. Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth [shall be] to them that devise good.
23. In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips [tendeth] only to penury.
24. The crown of the wise [is] their riches: [but] the foolishness of fools [is] folly.
25. A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful [witness] speaketh lies.
26. In the fear of the LORD [is] strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
27 The fear of the LORD [is] a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
28. In the multitude of people [is] the king's honour: but in the want of people [is] the destruction of the prince.
29. [He that is] slow to wrath [is] of great understanding: but [he that is] hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
30. A sound heart [is] the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.
31. He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.
32. The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
33. Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but [that which is] in the midst of fools is made known.
34. Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin [is] a reproach to any people.
35. The king's favour [is] toward a wise servant: but his wrath is [against] him that causeth shame.
Go to Proverbs 15
Go to The Book opening page.