1. The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son [is] the heaviness of his mother.
2. Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death.
3 The LORD will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish: but he casteth away the substance of the wicked.
4. He becometh poor that dealeth [with] a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.
5. He that gathereth in summer [is] a wise son: [but] he that sleepeth in harvest [is] a son that causeth shame.
6. Blessings [are] upon the head of the just: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
7. The memory of the just [is] blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot.
8. The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
9. He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.
10. He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.
11. The mouth of a righteous [man is] a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
12. Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
13. In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod [is] for the back of him that is void of understanding.
14. Wise [men] lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish [is] near destruction.
15. The rich man's wealth [is] his strong city: the destruction of the poor [is] their poverty.
16. The labour of the righteous [tendeth] to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.
17. He [is in] the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.
18. He that hideth hatred [with] lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, [is] a fool.
19. In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips [is] wise.
20. The tongue of the just [is as] choice silver: the heart of the wicked [is] little worth.
21 The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.
22. The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
23. [It is] as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
24. The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.
25 As the whirlwind passeth, so [is] the wicked no [more]: but the righteous [is] an everlasting foundation.
26. As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so [is] the sluggard to them that send him.
27. The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
28 The hope of the righteous [shall be] gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
29. The way of the LORD [is] strength to the upright: but destruction [shall be] to the workers of iniquity.
30 The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
31. The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked [speaketh] frowardness.
Go to Proverbs 11
Go to The Book opening page.