Book Outline & Menu of Notes
Key & Guide to Notes
- - Nahum -
- The Judgment of Nineveh is a Comfort to Israel.
- I. The LORD's Character Nahum 1:1-8
- - Slow to Anger, Great in Power, Avenging His people.
- II. The LORD's Verdict against Nineveh (1:9-15)
- - a Comfort to His people.
- III. The LORD's Action against Nineveh, Nahum 2:1-13
- 1. Her Defence is Futile. 2:1,2
- 2. Her Destruction is Detailed 2:3-9
- 3. Her Desolation is Permanent 2:10-13
- IV. The LORD's Judgment Vindicated, Nahum 3:1-19
- 1. Her merciless Cruelties 3:1-3
- 2. Her multiplied Harlotries 3:4-7
- 3. Her mutual Fate, with a conquered Foe 3:8-17
- 4. Her immutable Ruin 3:18-19
- [Elements of the above outline are borrowed from J.V.McGee.]
Go to The Book opening page.